Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Liebster Award Nomination!

Wow, I was completely stunned to get an e-mail from Christy at 3rd Grade Theatrics telling me that she had nominated me for a Liebster Award! I had no idea what that was, but apparently when she was nominated, she didn't quite know either, so at least I wasn't too late to the party! And, here I was thinking I had only a few people finding me through Pinterest here and there...I better pay attention to what I am writing about because this means people are actually reading my blog!

So here is how it works:

To accept the nomination I must:
1. Link back to the blog that nominated me
2. Nominate 5-11 bloggers with fewer than 200 followers
3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees
6. Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them



I nominated:
Mrs. B from Mrs. B's Best

*and it seems like everyone else I follow either has been nominated or has a bajilion followers!*

Questions from Christy:
1. When did you know you wanted to be an educator? I wish I could say that I have always wanted to teach, but it didn't quite work out that way. Actually, throughout middle school and high school I had my heart set on being a doctor. I applied to Texas A&M and got into their BioMedical Science Program and thought I was good to go. Then, after taking a psychology class, I was HOOKED! I switched my major after my first year to psychology with an emphasis on Ed Psyc. Despite the change in major, I graduated in 3 years and got my teaching certificate. My original plan was to gain some experience in the classroom before getting my Master's Degree in School Psychology...but I ended up getting my Master's in Educational Administration instead! Needless to say, I love working with kids (particularly teens - I know, what is wrong with me!?) and couldn't be happier!

2. What is your favorite classroom memory? My second year of teaching, one of my students found out when my birthday was and was in cahoots with the rest of that class period and the teacher across the hall to throw me a surprise party in class! They had collected money for a cake and everything! It was possibly the sweetest thing that anyone has ever done for me and I still keep in touch with that family. I actually just taught his younger sister this year!

3. What is your dream vacation? I would LOVE to go to an all-inclusive resort in the Caribbean somewhwere. Or Hawaii. Really anywhere that there is a beach and a pool and food. And drinks. Ahhhhh bliss.

4. What was your funniest teacher moment? There was a student in class who had some gaseous issues (I had him right after lunch). He was very open about it and any time something would "slip out", he would always say something hilarious to get the class laughing. Thank goodness there wasn't a horrible stench...I know, I know TMI.

5. What is your favorite summer activity? SHOPPING! I LOVE to go shopping on a Monday when the stores are empty and things aren't completely picked over! In fact, I was just shopping yesterday...and it was heaven. I felt like the only one in Target and I didn't have to fight anyone for the last of something in the dollar spot! Who else can relate!?

6. What is your favorite brand of purses? I love a good classic Coach bag. My favorite right now is the one my husband bought me. It's black, has lots of pockets and sections, and it is stylish! 

7. What is your favorite movie? I have two. My favorite animated movie is The Little Mermaid, hands down. But, my favorite adult movie is Dirty Dancing. Ahhh, Patrick Swayze.

8. What is your favorite children's book? I was OBSESSED with the Sesame Street Series as a kid and still have many of them at my parents' house. My all-time favorite was "Don't Forget the Oatmeal!" What a classic!

9. Which holiday during the school year do I look forward to the most? We don't really celebrate the holidays in middle school like elementary does, so in middle school, we look forward to holidays that we have off from school! But, I did love celebrating Veteran's Day on my old campus. This past year we had a huge assembly and so many activities to give thanks to those who are serving or have served our country. We had 4 members of the military, past and present, come talk to the 6th graders and they LOVED it. So did the staff :)

10. What is your favorite on the go snack? Oooh that is a good one. I would have to say that I love the Fiber One Oats and Chocolate bars. They have just enough in them to keep me going for a few hours...and they taste great!

11. What is one piece of technology that you cannot live without? My iPhone! I am on it all. the. time. Just ask my husband--he will agree! 

Random Facts about me:
1. I started teaching English Language Arts before Math just so I could get a job teaching at the middle school I attended!
2. My first car was a yellow beetle.
3. I bought my house on my own when I was 24.
4. I met my husband at work.
5. I have the sweetest dog named Banjo.
6. My parents own a bagel shop in town that I worked in throughout middle and high school.
7. I have two different colored eyes!
8. My favorite musicals are Rent and Legally Blonde.
9. I once rode my bicycle into a lake because I lost control of the handlebars (not recently--I was 9!)
10. My favorite author is Emily Giffin.
11.  My favorite ice cream is Blue Bell's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.

And, here are my 11 questions for my nominees to answer:
1. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
2. What is your favorite grade/subject to teach?
3. What types of books do you like to read in your spare (ha!) time?
4. What is your favorite thing to shop for?
5. What is your favorite type of shoe to teach in?
6. What was your most memorable teaching moment?
7. What was the best vacation you ever went on?
8. What is your favorite meal? 
9. If you won a million dollars to spend on anything, what would you buy?
10. What was the last movie you saw? Did you like it?
11. What is your favorite thing about the school at which you currently teach?

1 comment: