Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Tunes Tuesday - Link Up!

I am linking up with Nick over at Sweet Rhyme - Pure Reason today for his Tunes Tuesday Linky Party! Now, his linky party is for grammar tunes, and I obviously don't have much info to lend there...however - I have adapted it to the math classroom!

Photo: Be sure to stop by on Tuesday, July 9th to sign up to contribute to my first ever linky!

Music is such a great way to engage kids - especially when it is a rather mundane subject. I sort of find some of these things by accident, but I am so glad that I do! They may be corny, but if one student remembers the song and the lyrics come test time, then I call it a success. Here are some of my favorites!



Courtesy of YouTube and Westerville South High School - Exponents


Courtesy of YouTube and Westerville South High School - Systems of Equations


Courtesy of YouTube and Westerville South High School - Solve Me, Maybe?



Courtesy of YouTube and Westerville South High School - Gettin' Triggy with It

Can we take a break here and talk about how much I want to work with these awesome teachers!? Fantastic job. Seriously, if any of you that work at this school happen to stumble upon my little blog...call me--I want to be in one of these!

Ok, back to videos...this one is a little more elementary and is so cute...


Courtesy of YouTube

And last but not least...for my calculus-teaching friends:

Courtesy of YouTube

Wow...I could watch these for hours! But, I am self-proclaimed math nerd...so, yes, naturally I love parodies on popular songs that have educational value!

I am so excited to hear about how other people use music in their classroom...got an idea or a comment? Leave it below!

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment