Tuesday, July 22, 2014

CAMT Reflections -- Day 2

Today was just as great but for different reasons. Due to the slim pickins for some afternoon sessions, we cut our day short and went to the exhibit hall. It always cracks me up to see the various booths that people have. Most of them are content-related, but some of them are just out of place. I was happy to see some people that I have purchased things from in the past, both at CAMT in previous years and online.

First, I had to pick up two t-shirts that I had customized from Claire Lynn T-shirt Designs. Do y'all know these people? They make the CUTEST teacher t-shirts! I have 3 and these 2 will make 5! I don't even like wearing t-shirts, but these are just the best.


If you don't already, go follow them on facebook. They have flash deals all the time and such cute stuff. Have I said that already? Their stuff is the CUTEST! Go. Do it now. 

Yesterday, my friend and I went to the Texas Instruments booth because we saw they were giving away free t-shirts. I don't know what it is, but when something is being given away for free, I have to have it. I will feel anxiety as if they will run out before I get there. I know, I have a problem. I'm working on it. Needless to say, I am glad we picked these up yesterday, because today they were GONE! 

Gone, I said! As in, they had run out completely. So, you see, I was rightfully feeling some anxiety.

We made it our mission to go through the booths today and not make eye contact so as to not be sucked in if it wasn't something I was totally interested in. Like a beacon in the night, I saw these books. Now, there is a back story here. About a year ago, I was in a training during the school day with other math teachers. I was sitting next to someone I used to teach with and during a break she was grading papers. I saw that it looked like a coloring/drawing activity and needed to know more. As someone who loves to color all the time, I was hooked. I ordered a copy online for myself before we were done with our 10 minute break. And you know what? MY KIDS LOVED THESE ACTIVITIES! So, when I saw the booth today, I made sure to get two more. Being that I am moving back down to 6th and 7th grade next year, I wanted something a little different than the pre-algebra book. I also like the "Create your own" books because you can insert your own problems. Want to know more? Check out their website here. Just come back and finish reading!


We stopped by the Carnegie Learning booth. This was one of the textbooks that were up for adoption in our district and sadly it wasn't chosen. The teachers on our textbook committee chose something different, but I still wanted to go talk to them. We didn't leave without getting some CAMT swag! How cool is this?


No, no. Not the tote bag. I mean it is cool that it folds up neatly so it can be stored in what I can only assume would be another tote bag. Which, by the way, I think I have scored 4-5 tote bags in two days. But that is neither here nor there. 

Look at that pen. It isn't just a pen! It is a stylus, too! How cool is that? I want to go back tomorrow and get another in case I lose this one! See? Anxiety. Maybe I should see a doctor about that.

Lastly, I want to share with you one last purchase. No, your eyes are not deceiving you. That is in fact Tupperware. There actually was a lady there selling Tupperware! I LOVED it! This brought back such memories of my mom selling it when my sister and I were kids. My mom has had hers forever and I have a few pieces. I bought a few extra things just because they were good deals. I still thought it was hilarious to buy food storage containers at a math conference. I felt even sillier walking into my session carrying a bag of plasticware that clanked every which way I walked. Excuse me, pardon me. Don't mind me and my Tupperware. 


My sister and I were in the booth yesterday looking at the Tupperware that we had used as little kids that had obviously been updated, but was still so cool to look at. Does anyone remember these?? We played with this as kids and they still look EXACTLY the same!


I mean, how cute are we?!


No comments:

Post a Comment